Cascades of marketed messages flood audiences inboxes daily. Your readers deftly understand how to bypass information that doesn’t pique, inform or directly acknowledge them. ‘Marketing’ to audiences to the point of overload, has little to do with it—brain science does.
Implementing an effective marketing automation strategy is crucial to the success of B2Bs, by focusing campaigns on a single determinant—understanding the wants and needs of your ‘prospects’. A grounded marketing automation strategy gets to the heart of buyer behavior by intuitively responding to their core values that matter to them most.
To get the hearts of your customers, forget about selling to them, and remember that their first touch points of interaction (mobile, print, TV, social media) starts with disrupting their attention. In the mile-a-minute-world of split-second choices, it’s the human reticular activation system (RAS) in the brain that immediately guides customers into filtering out lower level stimuli, and favoring the higher ‘engagement’ of ‘the mind’.
Automation on the Brain:
‘Neural conduction’ peaks near 250 mph—six orders of magnitude slower than “The Flash”, who’s faster than the ‘speed of light (670 million mph)’:
— That’s nearly 111 times in a ‘blink of an eye (300-400 milliseconds)’,
Two and a third times slower than the ‘fastest’ fastball by Nolan Ryan in 1974 (108 mph). ¹
Craft your business marketing automation strategy around providing a delightful consumer experience, and you can generate leads, attract more customers through dynamic content, and increase your ROI like a boss.
What Makes Automated Marketing Boss?
Higher engagement of your audiences creates more opportunities to get them listening—to you. Automatic marketing helps you leverage your existing campaigns, while giving you the metrics to show you where to fine-tune your promotions into lead generating, customer converting offers.
Automated Marketing at Its Core Is a Strategic System. Structured and scaled to help you ‘communicate’ with audiences who are scientifically designed to respond to your glorious marketing narrative. The Ultimate Guide to Marketing Automation will give you the canon of information necessary to reach your readers and web visitors with an automated strategy that works.
Marketing Automation Expresses a Specific Intention to Your Audience
When it’s delivered as a strategically marketed message, your business is able to cut through thousands of messages audiences dodge every day when:
1) it is tailored to speak to your audience, and
2) it’s presented consistently across time to build your audience’s trust.
Marketers, business owners, and CMOs can determine their messages that reach customer via consumer engagement by learning how and when they consume web content before they buy:
Beyond ‘Limited Engagement’:
The average adult “fully engaged” in interacting with online and offline (print advertising) devotes the majority of their engagement in visual media—
- Television—26 minutes;
- Online and Print Media—8 minutes; and
- Radio (Internet and Satellite)—6 minutes;
totaling 37 minutes (2,220 seconds) daily; details Media Dynamics, Inc. ²
When reaching the masses, seconds count. To get in front of customers, businesses must craft a message that not only is unique, but uniform, and as an intention it presents:
3) as a branded message it delivers through its digitally marketed automation, and
4) represented by the products and services it delivers.
Why Is Marketing Automation Golden?
Marketing automation puts you at the helm of promoting your business as it:
- Beefs up your “connections” between your customers and your business relationships;
- Provides data-driven metrics from your campaigns that help to clarify your marketing spend;
- Gives accountability and ease of measurement to help you vertically scale your marketing; and
- Illuminates the areas your marketing is most effective in increasing leads and conversions as part of your marketing automation strategy.
Sky Rockets in Flight:
In December 2016 — one-half of website commerce were made on smartphones and tablets.
Online sales in the same season topped $91.7 billion—nearly 71 million single song downloads from iTunes,
— That’s 1/6th the greenbacks NASA ponies up per Space Shuttle mission:
Or 500,000 gallons of liquid H2 and super-cold liquid O2 fused together to fuel the Orbiter’s three ‘main’ rocket engines—141,000 times.
What Makes Effective Marketing Automation
A grassroots approach to marketing automation leans more towards the traditional side, by monitoring email clicks, opens, and the actions readers take (or avoid committing to).
Yet, a well-rounded marketing automation strategy can never neglect the true needs of your customer:
- Inbound marketing considers a customer’s particular choices in engaging with a business, and across a combination of a business’ marketed channels.
- Good and effective marketing takes an in-depth look at all of your marketing channels, and uses the information that is learned to design specific messages according to customer behavior.
- The success of an effective marketing campaign caters less to email, by fully utilizing the marketing channels that can ‘influence’ buyer decisions.
Digital ad spending by marketers increased to $5.8 billion in 2014—the equivalent to 1.6 million Caffe Latte Grandes by Starbucks.
The same year, 63% of B2B marketers allocated 10–29% of their fiscal marketing budget to ‘marketing automation’. – Pepper Global “B2B Marketing Automation Report 2014”.
Market to an Audience
Gone are the days of broader segmentation. To compete with today’s modern marketers and savvy CMOs, customer personalization is Grail. Own your marketing as a brand that communicates to each customer:
Engage her with content tailored:
- for the right channel (blog, email, social media),
- at the right time (local vs. GMT), and
- on the right device.
“‒Depending on your own sales process and who you are targeting, the market will determine your needs in terms of the marketing automation platform,” notes Sam Davies, lead consultant at Zoober Digital. “And that will then ultimately drive your demands when it comes to going out and selecting the right platform.”
The 2 Keys to Successful Marketing Automation
Power your marketing automation by recognizing that it cannot do the marketing or lead generation by itself:
ONE: Optimize Your Content
Generate content that is optimized to speak to your ideal customer’s needs, wants, and challenges.
Here, is when inbound marketing has its place to shine:
- observe each of your digital channels to determine the ones that can perform the most strategically and that will most effectively:
1. attract your ideal audience,
2. as they’re nurtured through your marketing funnel,
and your offers convert them to lifetime buyers.
Detail is ‘important’, but it’s the “Big Picture” that counts. – Disney Institute
TWO: Craft Targeted Person-First Marketing Messages
Amplify your marketing messages to center around genuine people—not a “prospect”.
Your inbound marketing brings them into your marketing ‘pipeline’:
- Segment your audience into the channels that will mirror their one of a kind challenges and interests:
1. do a deep dive into their behavior patterns that extend beyond basic email clicks and opens,
2. include unique individuals’ engagement with mobile content, as well as the social environs where they interact with and visit online—and also “offline” via brick and mortar establishments.
Score the Smartest Automation Marketing Champ for Your Business
How do I Score the Best Automated Marketing for My Business?
Choose a one-size-fits-all solution.
There is no such ‘machine learning’ animal.
Craft a marketed automation strategy that can consistently measure audience engagement and centers on your ideal customer(s).
Get the best-automated marketing software or company that syncs the most with your business’ ideals and goals.
- Individual bells and whistles are less revenue building than the parts of an automated marketing system that focuses on bringing you results.
“Before you go external you really need to map out your own customer journey,
how long the sales process is; how many products are you selling [and]
what is the ROI of each product.” 3
- Begin with marketing automation professionals who understand the necessary customization (and customizing limitations of automated marketing) and use The Ultimate Guide to Marketing Automation to refer to as you increase your leads, conversions, and ROI.
Here are several more marketing clover to help your build your automation silo and get your automated marketing speedily up, and performing:
- Automated Features or Traditional Marketing?
- Is Marketing Automation Worthy or Is Lead Flow?
- Make or Tank Money with Marketing Automation.
- Create ‘Focused Content’ Mapped to the Buyer Journey.
- 5 Ways for B2B Companies to Tap Social.