Targeted Traffic is the cornerstone of any business and savvy owners use actionable techniques that can grow it organically.
Learn the 5 steps to increase traffic that every company can leverage, and convert leads to paid conversions.
See how you can benefit from a better inbound marketing service
Get back to SEO Basics—without any ‘Marketing’
That’s right. You can attract visitors and repeat business without knowing anything about how to market.
All you need is a few SEO basics that can be applied to your website with key phrases that ideal customers are already looking for.
Those key phrases are called long tail keywords that are used to tell people about your business via search engines.
Long tail keywords help you describe your business and brand because they are less competitive than shorter one-word or two-word combinations.
How to Start Attracting Traffic—from the Ground up
You can rank for longer phrases by taking the first or first two words that you want to search.
Use any keyword tool of preference you like or a free one like keyword.io and do the following:
- Write down the results from the search that have only one or two words that are ranked for.
- Next, go to Google.com and perform a second search with the seed words that you have found.
- Scroll down to the bottom on the Google first page.
- Then find the table at the bottom of Google’s result page that says “Searches related to”.
- The second set of results that you’ll see will be a list of word combinations that Google has identified as the key phrases you may be able to rank for.
- Blend the longer key phrases you find with some of the shorter seed words. So, “download apps” as one or two seed words, for example, would combine with longer phrases (called long-tail keywords) to become “mobile app downloads for PC and mobile phones”.
- After you’ve searched for your seed words, expand them to include the keywords (phrases) that people are already looking for. Then you will be well on your way to increasing traffic and without marketing, until you’re ready to take the next step.
Create Compelling Content For All Stages Of The Buying Cycle
You can increase leads by creating compelling content that your new and existing customers will rave about.
With the long tail keywords that you found in step 1 above, you can publish an in-depth article optimizing for it. What kind of content?
- Write down news and insightful information that you find that web visitors and fans are likely to engage with.
- Then design it as data they can enjoy as images, like infographics, or real-life experiences, like video.
- Then turn each of them into linkable content and share it, like Cupid, a brand that learns how people interrelate when they engage with technology.
At Inboundo, we like to delve deep into our competitors content strategy to see what pieces of content drives 80% of their traffic.
We use a content discovery tool called Buzzsumo to handle our research. Here’s a quick overview on how to use it to gain valuable information about your competitor’s content performance.
Go to Buzzsumo.com and search your competitor’s domain.
From there you can resort it by total shares and social platforms that your customers are spending time on. Which leads us to the next strategy.
Increase Conversion through Social Media
You can increase conversion when you learn to speak your customer’s language. Your leads will increase the more often you can tailor your message to resonate with them.
The more frequently you share content about the things they enjoy, the greater you will imprint yourself into their memory.
Visitors interact everyday on social sites like Facebook and Twitter and when you can get yourself in their sphere, you can begin a conversation to get to know them, and to help them learn more about your brand.
Using Buzzsumo’s content discovery tool from above, you can see exactly who shared your competitor’s content. All you have to do is click on the ‘view sharers’ link next to each content.
This will bring back a list of the influential people that have shared the content. You can sort the list by number of followers, retweet ratio, reply ratio, and authority.
Reach Out To Each Influential People & Share Your Content to Increase Conversion
- Make a list of all the influencers that shared your competitor’s content.
- Reach out to each one asking them if they’d like to check out the content that you created in step # 2 above.
- And remember to mention the people that interact with your content. Be sure to create new content around their most shared interests so you can keep them engaged.
Increase Company and Brand Credibility
The amount of time that your visitors spend with you also depends on how much they trust you.
You can create informative and insightful content that will increase leads and conversions as they come back to you again and again.
Increase Credibility with Conversion-Based Content
Think about giving people a behind the scenes look into how you help people or how you have improved their lives.
You can use case studies and videos to build instant credibility, whether you are a just starting out or growing your brand.
Your expertise and knowledge are an invaluable resource that people need, and the content you create can uniquely solve their problems.
“If you want to stand out, you have to produce better content,” notes marketing and technology expert Neil Patel. You can increase credibility with conversion-based content and position yourself an an authority using one or all of the following techniques to increase traffic and to convert it into leads:
Make an authoritative site where you share your knowledge and expertise.
- Get to know the blogs on websites that already discuss subjects that you’re good at.
- Like, tweet or email about an article or a mention that reflects the interests of their audiences.
- After a few weeks, share a piece of content you’ve written, and ask if there’s interest in guest blogging.
- When you get the green light to guest post, be sure to request a link that sends visitors to your bio page or website to increase leads and to increase conversion.
- Continue to find more blogs you can interact with as an authority to increase your credibility.
- Consider starting a podcast series to engage more visitors who see you as an authority they trust.
- 5. Increase Traffic, Leads and Conversions with Email
You can increase traffic and increase leads and conversions when you have an email list. Marketing Adviser Dan Kennedy notes that there are very few instances where “there aren’t untapped opportunities” within an email strategy.
You can increase conversion by split testing the parts of your emails to improve click-throughs and increase customer loyalty.
Then you can refine every email so that they resonate with your readers from your opening to your offer to include:
- subject line and openings
- the layout and design
- the time of day that you send the email
- email length that is brief and casual, or long-form that includes case studies, and
- a closing with one specific call to action.
Whether you send an email weekly or as a monthly recap, the key to increasing conversion is “consistency”.
Apply these 5 steps to increase traffic and convert them into leads by making them relevant to your customer.
Remember to invest in your content creation, refine your results, and use the steps consistently to create more qualified leads for your business.
Now it’s your turn.
What strategies does your team employ to increase traffic, nurture and convert to paying customers?