We are glad that you are interested.
INBOUNDO has started accepting guest articles, and we invite Digital Marketing experts to share their stories, opinions, and voice with our audience.
Although we are very particular about what goes on our blog, we do read every guest post request we receive.
However, please do not send us any request without reading the guidelines because we would reject requests that do not adhere to our guidelines.
Important: We receive a lot of requests and our approval process is tedious. Please be patient with us because we take 5-10 business daysto respond. If you do not get a response until 15 business days, you can use your article elsewhere. Please do not send follow up mails; they won’t help.
Topics We Cover:
We cover everything Digital marketing including but not limited to:
- Content Marketing
- Social media
- Website Analytics
- Website Design
- Conversion Optimization
- Online Innovation
- Small Business
- Start-up Marketing
- Digital Advertising
- E-mail Marketing
- Reputation Management
- Influencer Marketing
What Do We Publish?
Digital Marketing Education: If you are an expert in digital marketing with something to educate our audience, you can send your tips, how-to articles, case studies, trends, or listicles.
Opinions of experts: If you are an expert in the industry with relevant experience and good digital presence, you can send your opinions about anything relating to the Digital Marketing industry.
Infographics: If you have a well-crafted infographic, you can send it along with an introduction.
A FEW CONTENT CREATION TIPS FROM Inboundo 🙂
The Research Phase aka How to come up with Content Ideas:
Using Buzzsumo and Adwords Keyword Planner we can quickly identify the most popular content for a specific topic. Then, all we need to do is create something with greater depth, while also doing a better job at promoting it.
- Enter a keyword related to what we have to write (email marketing, deliverability, subject lines etc)
- See the most shared articles and get ideas.
- The above ideas are broad. To refine take the above blog posts and input related keywords to Buzzsumo again.
- People have questions and are looking for solutions. Find them!
There are lots of people who ask many questions daily and they are looking for answers.
Check websites like www.quora.com , www.reddit.com www.alltop.com twitter, linkedin pulse for repeated questions related to our subject. (Then you can post your piece as an answer to that question on Quora, Reddit etc and drive targeted, convertible traffic right to the post.)
- Find top industry related blogs (emailtoday.com, zapier.com blog, buffer blog, etc). Use opensiteexplorer from Moz or any of the below backlink checker tools to find their top pages and look for content with at least 15 root domains. These are posts that people link to which means that they are good. Your job is to take these posts and make them even better/in depth – without using the same copy of course.
Backlink checker tools:
4 . Google it 😛
Another strategy is to look for articles that already rank for competitive keywords.
If they’re ranking for tough terms then they probably have a lot of links pointing at them. Just pop each of these into your backlink analysis tool of choice and see which ones have links from at least 25 referring domains.
5) Or let Google Suggest
As you type, watch the list of suggestions that google makes. Review the list and consider what people are looking for when they type those search terms
6) Newsjacking 🙂
- Look for big events or interesting news
- Look for the connection between the news and your core topic
- Respond to the event
- Search at Google Trends
Pretty self – explanatory 🙂
- Use the below Idea/headline Generators to get more ideas about your content/angles etc
TYPE OF CONTENT TO PRODUCE
- Blog Posts
HOW TO WRITE CONTENT – THE INBOUNDO WAY
Most of the times you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. By using our tips about content research you can find proven content ( that people share on social media or link to from their websites) and just create a better version of it!
Here’s how you can take existing content to the next level:
Make it Longer: In some cases, publishing an article that’s simply longer or includes more items will do the trick for us . For example, you can take this post,“15 tools for Managing Sales Leads and Closing more Deals,“ and enrich the list with 70 more tools!
More Up to Date: If you can take an out of date piece of content and spruce it up, you’ve got yourself a winner. For example most of the email deliverability related blog posts that were created 12 months ago are outdated and lack important factors. If you find something with old information, create something that covers many of the same points…but update it with cutting-edge content.
Better Designed: Sometimes, a visually stunning piece of content can generate a lot more links and social shares than something similar on an ugly page. This is something that we will do internally anyhow.
More Thorough : Most lists posts are just a bland list of bullet points without any meaty content that people can actually use. But if you add a bit of depth for each item on your list, you have yourself a list post that’s MUCH more valuable. Think about a reader trying to follow your instructions: if they can do it without looking elsewhere for more information, you have something they can actually use right now. It’a a real resource and they have a reason to share it.
Now let’s go to some more specific blog post creation tips 🙂
- Create an superb outline
- The first things you’re going to write in your outline are the paragraph headers. You can always change the headers later, so don’t worry about making them perfect. Just make sure that what you write down effectively captures what each section of the post is about.
- After you write the headlines do more research ( as per how to come up with content ideas ) for each headline
- Write supporting elements for each headline
- Arrange the headlines in a logical order
- Think of these headlines as the working outline for your finished content
A superb outline is useful, not neat. Expect it to be scrappy.
- Start Writing your content for each headline
- Write like you talk!
- Don’t use fancy words
- Use short paragraphs, short sentences and easy words. Don’t try to win the fucking writing awards
- Digital content is NOT WHAT YOU LEARNED TO WRITE IN ENGLISH CLASS. Sticking to grammatical rules is far less important than being easy to follow and making an impression on the reader.
- Don’t try to sound smart
- Don’t try to write just to make it to the target word count.
- Vary your sentence length
- Vary paragraph size. Walls of text are off-putting.
- Find at least 3 supporting statements that prove or develop your main point. Check that they’re credible in their space.
3.) Edit the content
Read your post as if you are the ideal reader/ prospect.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your outline
■ Are you saying something unique?
■ Do you offer a fresh perspective on the topic?
■ Do all supporting statements relate to the topic?
■ Do you have enough supporting elements and research to prove your point?
■ If your answer to the above is yes then you are ready to go to the next step. If your answer is no then you have to review your outline again
- Fix any organizational problems first – Rearrange sections to create a logical flow if necessary.
- Delete paragraphs and sentences that don’t support your topic or interrupt the flow of your ideas. Start with your intro – Tighten it up and make sure it includes a copywriting formula or hook
- Double-check that the headlines are descriptive and noticeable
- Double-check that the headlines are the proper sizes (in our case, H2 vs H3 vs bold)
- Add links to past Inboundo articles or other relevant articles in the intro and throughout the story where appropriate
- Add any missing info like stats or source attribution.
- Remove sections that don’t add value to the article; trim down super long sections
- Add formatting like bold, italics, blockquote, indent, bullet lists, numbered lists
- Use hemingway app and aim for a score under 10
4). Write an awesome introduction
The introduction elements are:
- Hook: Make it specific ,brief and interesting
- Transition: Connect the hook with the body of the post ( clarifies the title)
- Thesis : Summarize the top and strengthen the reason why the reader should continue
And some introduction strategies could be:
- Controversial Opening
- Offer the why of your blog post ( the benefits for the reader )
- Use a memorable Story
- State the obvious
- Use an Analogy/Metaphor/Simile
- Cite a Shocking/ Unexpected Statistic
- Start with a thought provoking question
- Make your Post Scannable
- Use Lists
- Format Properly
- Use Headings and Subheadings
- Don’t bury your main point per headline
- Find creative ways to reinforce your main point throughout your post
- Don’t introduce too many ideas in one post
People will read about a quarter of the words in your post. And many readers will scan your post looking for the section(s) that apply to them. So make things easy to find visually.
6) Content Upgrades
Every Inboundo blog post will be using content bonuses/ upgrades ( which are unique to the blog post) to help us increase our email list and nurture those leads to turn them into our customers. The content upgrade will be created by Inboundo’s Team but your ideas would be extremely helpful as well.
What happens if your story is selected for publication?
- If we select your story, it is sent for review to our editors. If it requires any changes, we send it back with our comments.
- We have the right to edit the article or its title.
- The author has to right to republish the story elsewhere citing ResultFirst as the original publisher of the story.
- We can republish the story or share it on any social channel giving due credits to the author.
- We do not pay for guest articles.
Once you’ve completed your article, please use the form below to send it over.